Unanswered: Parsing through Listboxes

I have a listbox with around 10,000 inventory entries and most of them start with an "A". So rather than asking the user to go through all 10,000 entries to find which one they need, is there a way they can type ..for example A1000__ and that would take them down to the first A1000__ entry..and then they can start scrolling from there? Because even though all entries are sorted...its time consuming to go through all of them to find something. I know I can do this with a combo box, but I really need to use a ListBox. I am thinking I should use the Key Press event but am not sure how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you use a combo box and leave the default value to blank, you will have the feature you are looking for. When the user starts to type in the combo Access will try to finish the value looking into the values it 'contains'.

It's early in the morning here so forgive my 'wonderful' english!
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

Originally posted by Marco Del Corno
    If you use a combo box and leave the default value to blank, you will have the feature you are looking for. When the user starts to type in the combo Access will try to finish the value looking into the values it 'contains'.

It's early in the morning here so forgive my 'wonderful' english!
    HI Thanks much , but that will not work, he really wants a list box where he can see all the items at once. A combo box will only let him see one item at a time.

Annemarie

I just test it. If you use a ListBox it will work the same. Just focus on the first item and start writing what you are looking for and Bingo! you are taken to the corresponding item.

Hope this is what you want.
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

Hi Marco:

A List box works only on the first letter, while a combo box works on a combination of letters. So if you have several items in the combo box lets say

A10001
    A10003
    B10001
    C10001
    And you typ A it goes to A100001 and then if you tyoe A1 to get a specific record it will go to the record 100001. I want it to work like a combo box and not a list box. Thanks anyway

The only way I can think to do it is on the keypress event, I was hoping someone would have some hints on how to do this.

Thanks

Annemarie

I thing you must do a criteria in query (from ... To.....) for the serch, and later go to the combo box.
    Saludos
    Norberto

HI : It is not a combo box it is a list box. Not sure that a query would work. I need to pick up the keys the user enters, since a List box Autolookups on the first letter only

Tks

Try the following link, there is something called ListBoxTypeIn.mdb that might help:

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/T...Contents.asp#L
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.