Unanswered: statistics collection time for snapshot

When I take database snapshot without resetting the values using reset command, what could be the point of time since the statistics have been collected. Is it 'first database connect timestamp' or 'start database manger timestamp' or some other time? Please help.

Thanks
    mc

Re: statistics collection time for snapshot

Hi
    It will be 'start database manger timestamp'
    The statistics will be Since the instance is up & running...

Thanks
    Staeesh

Originally posted by mcdb2
    When I take database snapshot without resetting the values using reset command, what could be the point of time since the statistics have been collected. Is it 'first database connect timestamp' or 'start database manger timestamp' or some other time? Please help.

Thanks
    mc
    OCP,IBM UDB,SYBASE DBA
    TCS, BANGALORE, INDIA

help please urgent statistics collection time for snapshot

Thanks. Please go thru the information provided below. These are from 2 database snapshots. Here,DbManager start time is same, but first database connect time is different. But deadlocks detected are not cumulative for second snapshot.

Please provide me with some more clarification / your thoughts

First case.

Start Database Manager timestamp = 08-03-2003

First database connect timestamp = 08-12-2003

Snapshot timestamp = 08-18-2003

Deadlocks detected = 1224

Second case
    ---------------

Start Database Manager timestamp = 08-03-2003

First database connect timestamp = 08-25-2003
    Snapshot timestamp = 09-01-2003

Deadlocks detected = 514

-----------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by msateeshkumar
    Hi
    It will be 'start database manger timestamp'
    The statistics will be Since the instance is up & running...

Thanks
    Staeesh

Re: help please urgent statistics collection time for snapshot

This confusion proves the point that you need to post enough information with clarity to get the correct response ... Sateesh was right in responding that the statistics is collected since the start of the database manager ...

To answer your query now, the cumulative values in the database snapshot are based on the first activation timestamp of the database ... Same is the case with lock snapshot, bufferpool snapshot and tablespace snapshot ...
    The application snapshot information is from the time of application connect and the dbm snapshot is from the time of database manager start time ..

HTH

sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

thanks

Thanks a lot for the clarification. Please note that I had clearly mentioned 'database snapshot' in my first query to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,
    mc

Hi sathyaram,

I just need little more clarification. Is 'first activation timestamp of the database' same as 'First database connect timestamp'.

Thanks,
    mc

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    This confusion proves the point that you need to post enough information with clarity to get the correct response ... Sateesh was right in responding that the statistics is collected since the start of the database manager ...

To answer your query now, the cumulative values in the database snapshot are based on the first activation timestamp of the database ... Same is the case with lock snapshot, bufferpool snapshot and tablespace snapshot ...
    The application snapshot information is from the time of application connect and the dbm snapshot is from the time of database manager start time ..

HTH

sathyaram

Not necessarily ...

If you activate your database using activate database command, that is your first activation timestamp and when you connect to the database, that is the first database connect timestamp ..

If you do not use activate database, both of them will be the same ...

Please test before making use of this information

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Hi sathyaram,

I just need little more clarification. Is 'first activation timestamp of the database' same as 'First database connect timestamp'.

Thanks,
    mc
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi Sathyaram,

Thanks alot for clearing this up.

If we use ' activate database', then from where can we find out activation timestamp, is it from databse snapshot. My db snapshot does not show an entry for activation timestamp.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks
    mc

Hi,
    First database connect timestamp = 09-09-2003 14:10:13.420596

the above parameter shows the First connect/activate command executed against the database...

Just verified it with DB7.1 on windows..

Thanks
    Sateesh

Hi Sathyaram,

Thanks alot for clearing this up.

If we use ' activate database', then from where can we find out activation timestamp, is it from databse snapshot. My db snapshot does not show an entry for activation timestamp.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks
    mc
    OCP,IBM UDB,SYBASE DBA
    TCS, BANGALORE, INDIA

Thanks sateesh for verifying this
    mc