Unanswered: Development using Access

Hi,

I am using Access to develop an application.I have a few questions regarding this.

1.I need to find a few more Control objects which i cannot find in my toolbar as Timer Object,Textarea and so on...
    How do i find them and how to include them in my form.

2.When i make this to an application how do i centralize my database.That is n users using this from thier client machine should use a single database.

3.How to pack this application after i finsh development,into an exe.

thanks
    mickykt

Re: Development using Access

Originally posted by mickykt
    Hi,

I am using Access to develop an application.I have a few questions regarding this.

1.I need to find a few more Control objects which i cannot find in my toolbar as Timer Object,Textarea and so on...
    How do i find them and how to include them in my form.

Time object is in the properties of the form itself. Textarea? You mean a text box 'unbound'? You have two types of controls: one is just a plain textbox, and one is actually a control used for data. Probably you have to activate the controls bar. Check the view/bar menu.

2.When i make this to an application how do i centralize my database.That is n users using this from thier client machine should use a single database.
    The best way is to split the db in FE and BE. Just use the wizard you find in the tools menu. After that just put the BE on a server and distribute the FE to clients.

3.How to pack this application after i finsh development,into an exe.
    I don't think you can do that. What I did is just create an installer for the FE, so that I distribute through Intranet the file and every client can install it on their pc.

thanks
    mickykt
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

HI,thanks fo the reply but...

I basically want a timer to be used to show comments like "Please wait,updateing..."etc.I have seen a timer object in VB is there a way we can use them in vba.

Also about text area is i need them to enter addresess.In my textbox it does not go to the next line when i press enter.

I really want to bind this and put its database ona shared drive and acces forms on clients.I didn't understand the term FE.

Can u explain how can i compile my finished wrk so that no one can edit it anymore.

THanks

mickykt

About editing finished dbs

look at "Setting up a db as an application" topic ... (although I'm strongly against the "mde" files which were about to make me jump from the fourth level a few days ago ...)

Re: Development using Access

as far as your textbox, one of the properties is how you want it to behave when the enter key is pressed. all you have to do is set that to go to a new line instead of the next field.

the developers edition gives you the ability to create an installable file that does not require Access, but you do need the runtime, which is a huge install by itself.

Dick