Unanswered: Using a Form and multiple Tables to enter data

I'm trying to build a form that will allow users to enter data and this data will then be stored in different tables. I thought that this would be wise, and would save me time and energy later, however I'm having serious problems.

As it seems the only way to even look at data from other tables is using dlookup, but this is far from letting me add data. I have relation ships and primary and foreign keys for each table.

My poorly worded question, is am I just better off having all fields on one table in order to have all the data on one form. I'd like to be able to easily print off this form on one peice of paper so using subforms or linked forms just doesn't seem like it will work.

So to fufil this idea of mine would I be better off just using one big table?

In the db I built for the company I work I have different tables: one for contact, one for pbx setup, one for accounting, one for phone calls received from customers, one for tech assistance and so on...

Sometimes this tables have a relationship and data have to be stored in different tables from one form. That form is used to enter data and has a button 'that must be pressed in order to save data in tables'.

That is my workaround. The button fires three different queries that add records.

That is obviously not the only solution, I'm sure. But while relationship works perfectly for updating or deleting records (chain relationship, isn't it?), at MS didn't think about adding records to tables. Wouldn't be great if you add a record to a table with a relationship with another, and the record is added to that table also?

That is my answer, maybe someone else has a better idea...
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

The code on this button would it be VBA to fire off the three query updates?

That's right!

Just create the button using the wizard, then open the vba window and add the other two queries. They will run in sequence.

You can even add a msgbox saying "Saving done".

Cheers!
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"