Unanswered: Word Perfect 10 Printing Problem

I just goy a new computer with XP and word perfect 10. Whenever I try to print out of Worperfect The program freezes. I can print fine out of every other program. Need hepl!

Is the problem consistent with all the Corel products

Quattro Pro
    Presentations
    Paradox
    Wordperfect

or just Word Perfect?

Windows XP and WordPerfect 11

Just wanted to say I am having same problem. It printed last week plus now I have a blue screen I want to remove. If you find a solution please post.

the problem is only with wordperfect

Thumbs up regarding Wordperfect

Originally posted by robertlynn82
    the problem is only with wordperfect
    I fixed my problem yesterday, so far anyway. Go to
    1.Click start
    2. click run
    3.type msconfig and press enter
    4.choose selective start up and uncheck load startup items,
    5. click OK, yes to reboot the computer.

Talking Re: regarding Wordperfect

Thanks that worked!! But now when windows restarts it tells me to put it back in normal start mode will it stop working again if i do, or should i just leave it?

Re: regarding Wordperfect

Originally posted by robertlynn82
    Thanks that worked!! But now when windows restarts it tells me to put it back in normal start mode will it stop working again if i do, or should i just leave it?
    You are right, I found out. I bought my son a new Dell, but an older printer we had is being used. When I first loaded the printer, everything was OK for a while. Then one day it just stopped printing from WordPerfect, so I go back to a date it worked on the "restore" option .I t worked, until the computer is turned off again. Now I plan on going to thr Hewlit-Packard(my printer) website and download more recent drivers. If you have found a solutiomn, let me know.

Sounds like a driver in your startup programs is interfering with wordPerfect printing. You can Isolate it by running msconfig and click diagnostic setup and go to the tabs and click everything everything except on the startup tab systematically click all but one item. The clicking configuration under which it works identifies the driver or program that is interfering with printing. That will at least allow you to know what you need to replace. or delete.

WordPerfect 10 printing problem

RobertLynn82 used msconfig change suggested by BBB (it works) and at start-up gets a warning to restore original config. "If I do that will the problem come back?" RL82 asks. Answer: Yes. (Don't restore.)

At warning click OK; on next screen click Cancel; this leaves msconfig change intact. Big thanks from me to BBB. I await a resulting problem elsewhere in system; so far, none.

Where's Microsoft on this? Where's Corel? Corel offers to message Microsoft each time the problem happens; I've said "Yes, send mes-
    sage" a couple of times; no doubt dozens have in the last six weeks. Is any word out that MS & Corel expect to fix or are working on it?

Yes -- I must have sent dozens of these messages to Microsoft before finding the answer. It is to be hoped that something will be done but alas I suspect not. Corel is not Microsoft.

I would be fascinated to know how MS manage all the millions of these messages they must receive.

Going off at a slight tangent, I once worked for a publisher who received hundreds of crazy, non-useful emails about one product line. The sysadmin finally redirected that email account to /dev/null ...

Rob

Wordperfect problem

I had the same problem happen to me. I was trying to print a document out of Wordperfect, and it kept freezing and not printing. I tried the suggestion by BBB and it worked, my document began to print once I had finished choosing the options that BBB suggested...

Thanks for figuring that out... you gotta be a genius!

Thumbs up Wordperfect problem!!!

I have a solution for this:

The following Patch will resolve the problem of being able to print from other programs but cannot print from WordPerfect 10. Trying to print causes the WordPerfect to stop responding.

Corel has published a number of patches to correct problems related to WordPerfect 10 and other applications within WordPerfect Office 2002. There are three patches you should download and install from Corel to correct printing problems.

The Wordperfect Office 2002 Service Pack 3 (83.6 MB in size)
    The Wordperfect Office 2002 Hot Patch 4 (12.1 MB in size)
    The Printer Driver Update (3.85 MB in size)

Install the Wordperfect Office 2002 Service Pack 3 first followed by the other two.

Visit the Corel WordPerfect Office 2002 patch download page to locate these patches.

http://tinyurl.com/3yqr3

printing problem with wordperfect 10

Everytime I try to send a letter that Ive typed in Wordperfect 10 to my lexmark printer. It only prints blank paper. Can you give me any solutions to try??

Thanks so much for this help.

On 02-26-04, 12:32 AshishNair wrote:

I have a solution for this:

The following Patch will resolve the problem of being able to print from other programs but cannot print from WordPerfect 10. Trying to print causes the WordPerfect to stop responding.

Corel has published a number of patches to correct problems related to WordPerfect 10 and other applications within WordPerfect Office 2002. There are three patches you should download and install from Corel to correct printing problems.

The Printer Driver Update (3.85 MB in size)

Install the Wordperfect Office 2002 Service Pack 3 first followed by the other two.

Visit the Corel WordPerfect Office 2002 patch download page to locate these patches. "

Indeed these 2 patches worked with Word Perfect 10/Office 2002 that used to freeze when I tried to print on my Cannon S300 printer:

(Corel requires this SP3 be installed before being able to install Hot Patch 4.)

Here's a (the official?) website with the patches:
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1152796559943
    You can funnel it down to your particular patch, starting THERE.

This posting is ancientnow. But I've just come-around to going to websites (other than Microsoft Update) to get patches. I wonder how many OTHER features on other products I use could be added or improved. (Hope this helps others like me who figure this out and happen upon forums like this later).

Climbing out of the dark ages.

Gaius

Climbing out of the dark ages. - Gaius

thanks for the links.. for those that might need a more extensive set of links to the various service patches.. go to my Links page, then to the URL Links link at the top of the page..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too