Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Unanswered: Practice PL/SQL-is there an application to help with this

Hi,

I am new to PL/SQL, however have been on a course which was interesting. Now i am trying to practice PL/SQL - in the form of creating tables, views etc. I wish to do this at home and want to do it without having to connect to a database or server. Im looking for an application that willl allow me to do this. Is there one out there at all i can use? Your help would be great

Re: Practice PL/SQL-is there an application to help with this

Originally posted by mpruthi
    Hi,

I am new to PL/SQL, however have been on a course which was interesting. Now i am trying to practice PL/SQL - in the form of creating tables, views etc. I wish to do this at home and want to do it without having to connect to a database or server. Im looking for an application that willl allow me to do this. Is there one out there at all i can use? Your help would be great
    Go to http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html and get a copy of Oracle 9i lite or personal. I think they are free just for the cost of registering with Oracle.
    Jim P.

Supoorting Oracle, MSSQL7, Sybase 8, & Pervasive. Confusion Reigns

practice pl/sql

Downloads are free from http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html - with the database you can practice through sql+ - you can also download oracle6i and install procedure builder which is fun to practice with... be sure to check the platform information i.e. for WinNT, 98, Linux etc...
    rgs,

Ghostman

Re: practice pl/sql

Originally posted by GhostMan
    Downloads are free from http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html - with the database you can practice through sql+ - you can also download oracle6i and install procedure builder which is fun to practice with... be sure to check the platform information i.e. for WinNT, 98, Linux etc...

Hi,

I have downloaded the file like you said, however i am unbale to practice any sql without it asking me to logon and connect to host. Is there a way round this at all?

Thanks for your help

Question

is there a procedure builder for Oracle9i?

procedure builder for 9i

yes, you can download the Oracle 9i Developer Suite rel 2 from the Oracle site. You can choose to install the entire developer suite or indivual components like procedure builder.
    rgs,

Ghostman

Re: practice pl/sql

Hi,

I have downloaded the file like you said, however i am unbale to practice any sql without it asking me to logon and connect to host. Is there a way round this at all?

Thanks for your help
    Did you install the whole developer suite? If so, to the same home? You might need to move or edit your tnsnames.ora file.You have to enter the username and password that you are using as well as the host (instance) i.e. system/manager@mydb.
    rgs,

Ghostman

Hi,

Hi there Mpruti - there is a great PL/SQL designer availible, for a trial download go to www.allroundautomation.com and check out their PL/SQL editor...
    rgs,

Ghostman

Originally posted by khoang82
    is there a procedure builder for Oracle9i?
    check out www.allroundautomation.com - they have some great tools, for trail download
    rgs,

Ghostman

check out www.allroundautomation.com - they have some great tools, for trail download
    sorry

http://www.allroundautomations.com
    rgs,

Ghostman

Hi there Mpruti - there is a great PL/SQL designer availible, for a trial download go to www.allroundautomation.com and check out their PL/SQL editor...
    sorry

http://www.allroundautomations.com
    rgs,

Ghostman

procedure builder

I'm searching for procedure builder for hours and can't find it at Oracle for download.

I've got the whole developer suite 10g, but seems there is no procedure builder in it ? or is it just not to find from the menue ?

If so, what's the name of the binary ?

querying Oracle's site brings endless lists of useless documents, but no where a hint, where to get procedure builder ?

thnaks for any hint !

Lao De

Re: procedure builder

Originally posted by LaoDe
    I'm searching for procedure builder for hours and can't find it at Oracle for download.

I've got the whole developer suite 10g, but seems there is no procedure builder in it ? or is it just not to find from the menue ?

querying Oracle's site brings endless lists of useless documents, but no where a hint, where to get procedure builder ?

thnaks for any hint !

Lao De
    www.allroundautomations.com has a great pl/sql development IDE called plsqldeveloper.

If you are going to use Procedure builder - it is part of the Oracle6i Form Buider suite, or you could use Developer Suite 9i. What database are you using, what operating system are you using?
    rgs,

Ghostman

Re: procedure builder

Originally posted by LaoDe

thnaks for any hint !

Lao De
    If you have an FTP site, I can FTP it to you.
    rgs,

Ghostman

Hi,

You can check out this site: http://www.animatedlearning.com

They have some free courses that include installation. You can use then your db witout loging to your work db, just follow the instructions for installation on the site.