Unanswered: Operation must use an updateable query.

databases not my strongpoint so apologies in advance,
    using dreamweaver MX and Access 2002, can read database, but no write/update, error code is

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.

Have read some of the previously posted suggestions and Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 175168, but no luck for me.

Any new suggestions please?

It seems that you are trying to update a query that is set up in such a way that it can not be updated.

Option 1:

Change the query to allow updates

Option 2:

Update the Tables underneath the query.
    JJ Kennedy
    Double J IT Solutions
    www.doublejit.co.nz

VB 6, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access

Re: Operation must use an updateable query.

Originally posted by roost
    databases not my strongpoint so apologies in advance,
    using dreamweaver MX and Access 2002, can read database, but no write/update, error code is

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.

Have read some of the previously posted suggestions and Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 175168, but no luck for me.

Any new suggestions please?
    Whenever I've had this error it's been due to not setting the permissions on the folder correctly. An Access DB creates/deletes a lock file to control who's using it. You'll need to put the DB in it's own folder, and then give the IUSR_MACHINE account Full Control over that folder. However, since you can read ok not sure whether this will work.