Thread: Echo off

Question Unanswered: Echo off

I've got a problem that has been driving me mad for days. I have a database that opens 13 queries, copies the contents, then opens 13 tables and pastes the results, then closes the tables and queries. I open a form asking for criteria and when the OK button is pressed code hides the form and starts running the copy and paste procedure. Ive put an echo off at the beginning of the code to turn screen refreshing off (DoCmd.Echo False , ) and this until recently worked fine.

Then all of a sudden it stopped working and no matter what I try I cant get it to work consistently again. The only way I can get it to work was by chance. I opened the database, opened the code and highlighted the Echo False part of the statement then opened the form that triggers the code and it worked, it ran the whole thing with screen updating turned off. This sometimes works and sometimes doesnt

Also if I put a toggle breakpoint in the first line of the code just before the echo off command it works, it does the echo off and then the screen freezes out so this (I think) proves it works.

I have tried :-

Using Application.Echo False instead
    Using the Echo Off macro command
    Changing all of my macros into VBA code
    Converting the database into Access 2000
    Making the database an MDE
    Starting with a clean fresh database and importing all of the objects
    Starting with a clean fresh database and importing all of the objects except the modules and creating new modules and then copying the text over

And any combination of the above, Im now clutching at straws

Unhappy

Still no fix !