Question Unanswered: Loading a database via a proxy database

Hi all,

I have created a blank database on the second node of my cluster.
    It automatically created a proxy database on the first node of the cluster
    as i have CIS enabled.

When i try to load a database backup to the new database via the proxy database, it is telling me that the database dump won't fit into the database. As i know i have created the new database with sufficient size,
    i assume its trying to load the database into the proxy database instead of the new database.

Do i need to set some option on the proxy database so it will load it into the new database?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Dave

Re: Loading a database via a proxy database

In the CIS user's Guide, Chapter2 - 'DDL commands behavior affected by proxy db', it mentions that 'load db' command is affected. This means you cannot expect the same way as it's done on normal db.

Likewise, in Using Sybase Failover in HA System, Chapter 5 - 'Changes to Commands in Proxy databases', it mentions about doing dump and load in the primary companion, i.e. non-proxy db.

Originally posted by ddempsey
    Hi all,

I have created a blank database on the second node of my cluster.
    It automatically created a proxy database on the first node of the cluster
    as i have CIS enabled.

When i try to load a database backup to the new database via the proxy database, it is telling me that the database dump won't fit into the database. As i know i have created the new database with sufficient size,
    i assume its trying to load the database into the proxy database instead of the new database.

Do i need to set some option on the proxy database so it will load it into the new database?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Dave