Unanswered: Missing Access reference to Outlook

I have been wrestiling with this problem all week and even Microsoft is having difficult coming up with a solution.

On 8/27 I upgraded my computer to Windows XP Pro from 98SE. At the same time, I upgraded my outlook from 2000 to 2002.

Our company uses an Access database to manage our workload and accounts. This database has several references to Outlook in it's code primarily used to send email to recipients within the database. Ever since I made these changes to my computer, I have two problems with the database:

When I enter it, it hangs...and I mean for a long time...maybe two or three minutes. Then an error message pops up that says "Your database or project contains a missing reference or broken reference to the file 'msoutl9.olb' version 9" which is Outlook 2000. I looked in the references for the database and Outlook 10 is correctly displayed and checked and Outlook 9 isn't even listed.

I decided that perhaps the problem might be that I still have orphaned files in the registry left over from Outlook 9 before I upgraded. With the help of Microsoft, I deleted all of these references but I am still having the same problem.

We have other computers within the office, some with 98SE and Office 2000, another with XP Pro and Office XP Pro, another with Windows 2000 and Office 2000. All of these work fine with the database and have no reference problems.

I am beside myself. Microsoft now seems to think that it has something to do with the way that Exchange on our server is communicating with my computer but I don't have a "warm and fuzzy" about that solution.

For some reason, the database is not recognizing that I no longer have Outlook 2000 but instead 2002 and the computer is confused. Anybody have any ideas?

Re: Missing Access reference to Outlook

no idea but I saw an odd example a few days ago : With two dbs including the same references (but in a different order !!??!!), the available methods are not the same ...

this means that the references' order matters ...

--------------------------
    NoIdeaMan

It sounds like your code may be referencing a method that Outlook 9 (2000) has, but Outlook XP (2002) doesn't have or was changed. Did you try copying that file into your system dir? Other than that I have no idea...

Here's a tip when references are lost and don't work anymore no matter what..

Create a blank .mdb file

Import everything from your current one into it..

Bam! All references work again.. I get this problem alot when switching from Access 2000 to Access 2002 for development..