Exclamation Unanswered: Hiding code from users in Access 2002

Hi everyone

I am using Access XP and I want to hide one module from users. I do not want to create MDE file because users need to be able to view and edit other code but I do not want them to view or edit one particula module (security module). I can set a password in Project Properties, Protection tab that sets the password for the entire project (all modules). Any way of protecting from edit and/or hiding just one module only.

Thanks in advance.

You could put that one module in a separate .mdb (or .mde) file and reference it from your application. You'll be able to call your code just as if it was included in your applicaiton. Go to Tools > References to set a reference.

You'll want to be careful about using CurrentDB vs CodeDB, however. More information about this is in the help file.

A better solution, IMHO, would be to just create an .mde file of your application and keep your users out of the code.

Just my 2 cents.
    Peter De Baets
    Peter's Software - Microsoft Access Tools for Developers
    http://www.peterssoftware.com

Hiding code from users in Access 2002

you can make that object a hidden one, but just by changing their settings the user could still view it

Just have your current db call to the module in another .mde. It works sorta like a componet library that way..

Angry

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I will be stuck with MDE files. I really didn't want to use them but have no other option. In Access 2000 you could protect a single module, however, Microsoft in it's "wisdom" had taken that option out Access XP.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Sorry it couldn't work out for you..

I usually just create the .mdb for the backend, and a .mde for the frontend or a .mdb for a frontend.. Then aa file called comp.mde which holds all my modules, that the frontend looks too..