Unanswered: UDB COnnect and LOAD SQL6024E

Attempting to use Ascential's Datastage's UDB Load Stage. The application ships the created delimited file to be loaded and the LOAD script to the target srever (AIX 5.2). The target database (UDB ESE fixpak2) is a multi-partition database with some tables spanning multiple partitions and some on single partitions. The LOAD was unsuccessful due to an SQL6024E that the table doesn't exist on NODE(0) (which is a true statement and remote applications connect to the default node). I logged into the server and executed the db2 -f command that DataStage attempted to execute and the LOAD succeeded. So as I see it for some reason when running remotely there is a different path taken? If so, how can I resolve this situation?
    In reality, I have to believe that the software is telneting into the server as the supplied user/password and then as part of the LOAD script it does a connect to the db-alias with user and password. So, why by my logging in directly into the server does the LOAD succeed?

Re: UDB COnnect and LOAD SQL6024E

LOAD FROM <filename>

by default assumes that the file is on the server ...

If the file is on the client

LOAD CLIENT FROM <filename>

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by rubystep
    Attempting to use Ascential's Datastage's UDB Load Stage. The application ships the created delimited file to be loaded and the LOAD script to the target srever (AIX 5.2). The target database (UDB ESE fixpak2) is a multi-partition database with some tables spanning multiple partitions and some on single partitions. The LOAD was unsuccessful due to an SQL6024E that the table doesn't exist on NODE(0) (which is a true statement and remote applications connect to the default node). I logged into the server and executed the db2 -f command that DataStage attempted to execute and the LOAD succeeded. So as I see it for some reason when running remotely there is a different path taken? If so, how can I resolve this situation?
    In reality, I have to believe that the software is telneting into the server as the supplied user/password and then as part of the LOAD script it does a connect to the db-alias with user and password. So, why by my logging in directly into the server does the LOAD succeed?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I don't believe that a LOAD CLIENT is needed here. I believe that it's really telnet'ing to the server. And thus why should this be any different than my logging into the server and issuing a db2 -f filename command where filename is the control file?

My apologies ...

It is something different ...

Don't understand how I could have given such a reply earlier ..

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.