Unanswered: Bad CurrentRecID, by web

I have a database FM4 with a web interface created by Claris HomePage 3.
    When I find records to modify, the result list is correct, but some URL records in the search results have an incorrect "RecID". Then, this record cannot be changed.

the automatic generated URL is like this:
    "FMPro?-db=NNN.fp3&-format=record_detail.htm&-lay=consultaweb&...&Status=pendiente&-RecID=12617218&-find="

If I add 1 to RecID, the URL is correct...

Can you help me please?

Can I modify this record without the -RecID?

(Sorry for language inconveniences)

You should try to rebuild your database be exporting all records and crreate a clone of your db
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Re: Bad CurrentRecID, by web

Originally posted by hdez
    When I find records to modify, the result list is correct, but some URL records in the search results have an incorrect "RecID". Then, this record cannot be changed.
    Hi! Umm... I could be wrong but my understanding is that the RecID is an internal serial number FMP uses to distinguish and reference your records. I do not think you would normally use/interact with it directly. I do not know Instant Web Publishing, but in Custom Web Publishing, you would typically have something like...

SEARCH PAGE > SEARCH RESULTS PAGE > DETAIL/EDIT PAGE > PREVIEW CHANGE or DONE PAGE

In CWP, you must have the [FMP-CurrentRecID] tag whenever you use the -edit action. You do not need RecID for a -find action on the web anymore than you would in the FileMaker application directly. If you want to create your own record reference number, just make a field called "recordnumber" or something and make it a sequential number so each record has a unique value, e.g. 1001, 1002, 1003, etc.

Then, instead of &-RecID=12617218&-find,
    you would use &recordnumber=1001&-find in your URL

If you are using IWP, sorry. I don't know how to help you but maybe what I said could still help a little. Good luck! --ST

Thank's a lot for your comments,

I need to use the RecID for "edit" a record, this is the problem. The URL generated by tag: "[FMP-LinkRecID: format=record_detail.htm, layout=mylayout]" have an incorrect RecID number.

Alfredo