Unanswered: Why people only view but dont Answer?

Why people only view but dont Answer?

did you noted that for each Thread there are few answers
    but a lot of people viewing.

C Lages

By the way i am new in this group .
    in other groups people are more envolved .
    more needs to help each other.

Are you serious? I would stop using these forums if everyone that viewed a post felt the need to input their thoughts. I'll be the first one to say that I can not answer every post, but I do like the freedom to view what other people are posting and or answering. There are over 37,000 registered members for dbforums, if 1% of those users viewed a post and only 10% posted a response that would give you 185 replies to each post with horrible redundancy making these forums bloated and inefficient. Perhaps you do have the ability to answer every question posted and if so, kudos to you.
    ---------------
    Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA

errm

Because you never know when someone might post something that you have never thought of before, and it might be helpful to you, or quite the opposite you may be able to help someone else....

Imagine a forum where there are only questions, no Answers ?

If someone put a Questions and several people Knows the
    answer but dont show us .

we need to think more about this

my opinion

Carlos Lages

I agree with that logic Carlos, if I know of think I know the answer, I will gladly post it, but your challenge was why people view but don't post an answer and my response to that is there are posts I view but cannot answer so on those I would be a viewer, not a responder. And if it is an interesting topic, I'm sure lots of people enjoy viewing the responses without the need to add their own.

Anyway, no harm no foul, it's always a good goal of a newsgroup site to meet every challenge and have each question responded to.
    ---------------
    Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA