Unanswered: Tell access to run a query or macro every 30 seconds

ok, here is an easy one.

How and where do I tell my Access database to run a macro or query every 30 seconds. And do I risk creating a memory hole by leaving this access database open and running for months at a time?

I could set the fields to not accept records coinating certain values, but then HTTPLOG system errors begin to appear in the Event log. Its looking like my only option is to have something running continously to purge the log table of unwanted data.

Creat a form, and use the "On Timer" and "Timer Interval" properties like this:

The timer interval is a value, in milliseconds, for when to execute the timer event. For 30 seconds, set the interval to 30000.

In the timer event, execute the query or macro.

I developed an app like this to check for something every second, and it doesn't cause any problems.

If, on the other hand, you just made an endless loop, checking for 30 seconds to pass before executing the query, it would eat up your CPU like a starving child at a banquet.

Originally posted by JTRockville
    Creat a form, and use the "On Timer" and "Timer Interval" properties like this:

The timer interval is a value, in milliseconds, for when to execute the timer event. For 30 seconds, set the interval to 30000.

In the timer event, execute the query or macro.

I developed an app like this to check for something every second, and it doesn't cause any problems.

If, on the other hand, you just made an endless loop, checking for 30 seconds to pass before executing the query, it would eat up your CPU like a starving child at a banquet.
    So far working like a charm, thanks.