Thread: Reports

Question Unanswered: Reports

can any body help???

i have created a report with a number of sub-reports which all show figures.

example sales invoice total
    sales credit total
    purchase invoice total
    purchase credit total.

all four of the above have just a summery of their individual totals, which are added/subtracted together to give an actual profit figure.

the data is kept in individual tables.

the problem i am having is if there are no credit notes for instance the text box with the grand total is empty due to there being no data in the credit note summery field, i believe that i can use the "iif" or "nz" commands to change the null value to a "0.00" which i think will allow the sum to function properly. can anyone tell me how i should type the line of criteria as i have tried any number of ways and just dont seem to be able to crack it.

kind regards dave

the trick is to use a second field. the original field should be invisible and the other field contains the iif command:

iif ([original_field] = ""; "$0.00"; [original_field])

-> means: if the original field is "" (empty) print "$0.00" otherwise print the original content of [original_field].

if it does not work you might try:
    iif (format$([original_field]) = ""; "$0.00"; [original_field])

this also returns "" for the special value Null

also check out if the semicolon is the right choice (might be comma)

thanks for the information i will give it a try and see if that solves the problem

regards dave