Unanswered: filter combo box

Howdy

Fairly new at this so hope someone can help. Have looked around the forum but can't find a solution to my problem

I have used the wizard to add a combo box (combo1) that goes to a particular product record that I select in the combo box. This is working fine.

I also have a combo box (combo2) that runs a macro that filters the records by a product group. This is also working fine.

What I would like to do is have only the values for the filtered products display in the 1st combo box (combo1) when the filter is run in the second combo (combo2).

Is there an easy way of only displaying records for the filtered values in the combo box that I am missing?

Thanks in advance
    ilr

You could try the following :
    In the code behind the AfterUpdateEvent of Combo2, you should reset the RowSource for Combo1 and requery it.

Example : suppose the rowsource for Combo1 is normally this :
    "SELECT ProductNr FROM tblProducts ORDER BY ProductNr;"

This would give you all the products in your combobox so that you can select one.

In the code AfterUpdate of Combo2, you can then set this line :
    Me!Combo1.RowSource = "SELECT ProductNr FROM tblProducts WHERE ProductGroup='" & Me!Combo2 & "' ORDER BY ProductNr;"
    Me!Combo1.Requery

Like this, the Combo1 will only display the products that belong to the ProductGroup you've selected in Combo2.

Thumbs up

Thanks

That's brilliant, simple and even I could understanding it.

Regards
    ilr

Originally posted by Herman
    You could try the following :
    In the code behind the AfterUpdateEvent of Combo2, you should reset the RowSource for Combo1 and requery it.

Example : suppose the rowsource for Combo1 is normally this :
    "SELECT ProductNr FROM tblProducts ORDER BY ProductNr;"

This would give you all the products in your combobox so that you can select one.

In the code AfterUpdate of Combo2, you can then set this line :
    Me!Combo1.RowSource = "SELECT ProductNr FROM tblProducts WHERE ProductGroup='" & Me!Combo2 & "' ORDER BY ProductNr;"
    Me!Combo1.Requery

Like this, the Combo1 will only display the products that belong to the ProductGroup you've selected in Combo2.