Unanswered: connect internal without password

Hi

I want to run SAP on an oracle database 8.0.5. (because the installationscript of SAP is only working on that version) on windows 2000 server. Now i want to connect internal wthout giving in a password. I searched for a solution on metalink.oracle.com. They say you have to have administrator privileges and you have to crreate the local groups ORA_DBA, ORA_OPER, ORA_C11_DBA, ORA_C11_OPER (C11 is my database SID) I added my user to that groups. I restarted... I did svrmgr30.exe, connect internal but it is still asking for a password. Is there a solution for this problem

Thank you
    wheelsoftware2000@hotmail.Com

What is the value of your remote_login_password_file parameter in the parameter file?

I don't know it, i am at work, i will look for it this evening. The parameterfile is this the init...ora file? What must the value be for this parameter?

Thank you for your reaction.

wheelsoftware2000@hotmail.com

Sorry,

What was I thinking...

You have to look in the SQLNET.ORA for the line
    SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)

Make sure it is in your sqlnet.ora other wise your services while not look at your NTS privilege's.

Now you must be able to connect to your instance with out giving a password.

Grtx
    Jeroen

this is already so, do you have other suggestions?

Thanks
    wheel

I downloaded oracle 8.1.7 and installed that version. Whitout doing anything. i tried also to do "connect internal". It succeeded without giving a password. So oracle 8.0.5 didn't do that by default... What parameters do i have to change so oracle 8.0.5 also doesn't have to ask for a password with connect internal. In whitch files do i have to look...

Thank you

Question?

When you try to login as internal are you doing that with the same (windows) user as you created the database with?

Are you using a password file?

It's bin a while for me working on 8.0.5 on windows

I have tried it with and without a password file. both are asking for a password. With the password file i can login when i gave in the pasword of the pasword file (user internal) So i think the password file is working allright. But the problem is that it is asking a password. Same installation of oracle 8.1.7 and that version (svrmgrl instead of svrmgr30) isn't asking for one? what is the difference???

Thank you

Where can i download the latest patch of oracle 8.0.5.x? Maybe it is then solved?

Thank you
    wheel

metalink.oracle.com go for patches

you need a account there.