Unanswered: Subform Data Entry

I am trying to add a subform with the data entry property set to yes, to a main form that is based on a stored procedure. When I do this, the subform is not shown on the main form for some reason. But when I change the subform's data entry property to no, the subform is displayed fine, but with all of the records. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

When you set the data entry property to yes always the show a record
    in blank.
    When you set the data entry property to no the form show the first record of the table.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Clarification. When the data entry property is set to yes on the subform, the subform itself is not being displayed. You can see a sunken line showing where it should be, but that's all. Then when I set the data entry property to yes on the subform, the subform is displayed, but with all of the records. What I want is to have the subform displayed on the main form correctly with no records, just a new record. It should be as simple as setting the data entry property to yes, but then the subform itself is not displayed. Seems weird to me.

Does the main form have the 'allowedits' property set to true? If set to false will not show new record in subform.

The allow edits on the main form is NOT set to true. How would I then make the main form uneditable yet still have the subform data entry set to yes? Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by shearness
    The allow edits on the main form is NOT set to true. How would I then make the main form uneditable yet still have the subform data entry set to yes? Thanks for the help.
    There are many ways:

AllowEdits set to False, then Lock all fields (except subform) on main form

or

AllowEdits set to true, in the GotFocus event of the subform OBJECT change AllowEdits to False (me.allowedits=false), in the LostFocus event of subform object change AllowEdits to True

Originally posted by bc301
    There are many ways:

AllowEdits set to False, then Lock all fields (except subform) on main form

or

AllowEdits set to true, in the GotFocus event of the subform OBJECT change AllowEdits to False (me.allowedits=false), in the LostFocus event of subform object change AllowEdits to True
    OPPS, I ment to say:

...AllowEdits set to False , in the GotFocus event of the subform OBJECT change AllowEdits to TRUE (me.allowedits=TRUE ), in the LostFocus event of subform object change AllowEdits to FALSE

Thanks. That worked. I really appreciate the help.