Unanswered: DB2 IMPORT for Custom SQL

I want to use my custom SQL in the DB2 Import statement.
    IMPORT from c:\tmp\a.txt of DEL modified by coldel| method N(password, loginId) messages c:\tmp\b.txt insert_update into tableA set password = password where colA = (select colA from tableB where loginID = logid).

Here password and logid are the values which i read from the flat file a.txt and update tableA based on the above where condition. Can I achieve using DB2 Import command or similar DB2 utilies?

I have already written a java program which does this. But I would prefer a built in DB2 tool which will do this for me.

THanks,
    Gopal

Provided Answers: 5
    Gopal,

According to the UDB 7.x,8.1 manuals, the answer is no. You can only specify which table and which columns to import--same with the LOAD utility.

Andy

Re: DB2 IMPORT for Custom SQL

You have to be aware that the IMPORT with INSERRT_UPDATE option works based on the primary key ...

Eg:
    for a table with columns, custid, custpwd , with custid as the primary key, then the input file

cust1,pass
    cust2,pass

when inser_updated into the table will check for a row with custid cust1. If it exisits, the password is updated, else a new row is created with the custid, password combination

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.