Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    Unanswered: Data Warehouse Center Problem / UDB 7.2 EE / Windows 2000 SP3

    I am hoping someone can help me with a DWC issue I am having. The DBA for a Windows 2000 machine I administer has issues accessing DWC during evenings and weekends.

    Is there an option to limit when someone can access DWC? I have searched on line and have also looked through every config option I can find in the DWC Manager.

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

    Patrick

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: Data Warehouse Center Problem / UDB 7.2 EE / Windows 2000 SP3

    You can configure a db2 governor daemon on the server which will restrict your DWC Applications accessing the database ...

    Also see if query patroller will be of any use ...

    Cheers
    Sathyaram

    Originally posted by shadow
    I am hoping someone can help me with a DWC issue I am having. The DBA for a Windows 2000 machine I administer has issues accessing DWC during evenings and weekends.

    Is there an option to limit when someone can access DWC? I have searched on line and have also looked through every config option I can find in the DWC Manager.

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

    Patrick
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: Data Warehouse Center Problem / UDB 7.2 EE / Windows 2000 SP3

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    You can configure a db2 governor daemon on the server which will restrict your DWC Applications accessing the database ...

    Also see if query patroller will be of any use ...

    Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Thanks for the reply but I am actually looking for a way to remove the restriction that seems to be in place. I havent setup any hours of day type of restriction but there seems to be something in place. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are settings in a default install that would cause this kind of restriction.

    I failed to mention the machine is at UDB7.2 fixpack 10

    Thanks

    Patrick

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: Data Warehouse Center Problem / UDB 7.2 EE / Windows 2000 SP3

    Sorry about that ...

    BTW, when you say difficulties, can you please be a bit descriptive on what the user/admin tries to do and the error message returned ....

    Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: Data Warehouse Center Problem / UDB 7.2 EE / Windows 2000 SP3

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Sorry about that ...

    BTW, when you say difficulties, can you please be a bit descriptive on what the user/admin tries to do and the error message returned ....

    Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Sathyaram,

    I can elaborate on difficulties only by saying that the DBA cannot login to the Data Warehouse Center at all during evenings and on weekends. There is no time of day restriction in place in the OS and I have been un-successful in finding any options within DB2 or DWC which limit when someone can use the database. I have asked the DBA to capture the error msg the next time they attempt to login and cannot and I will post it at that time.

    Thanks.

    Patrick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •