Unanswered: format for import

I have a long list of contact info in the following order in a excel spreadsheet:

name a
    address1 a
    address2 a
    city a
    state a
    zip a

name b
    address1 b
    address2 b
    city b
    state b
    zip b

etc.....

All the records go down in the spreadsheet instead of a new record on each row with a different field in each column. Is there a way to import these properly into a access table so it's in the following format:
    name address1 address2 city state zip

Re: format for import

My first suggestion, to save on headaches is to use excel formatting to split that field into multiple fields so when you import, you are importing separate fields properly. If you keep them as all 1 field, there really isn't a way ti split the field on import, because you have different size name, address etc.. Try splitting the fields in excel first then import!

Dalynching

Originally posted by leeroy
    I have a long list of contact info in the following order in a excel spreadsheet:

name a
    address1 a
    address2 a
    city a
    state a
    zip a

name b
    address1 b
    address2 b
    city b
    state b
    zip b

etc.....

All the records go down in the spreadsheet instead of a new record on each row with a different field in each column. Is there a way to import these properly into a access table so it's in the following format:
    name address1 address2 city state zip

Unless the records are sorted as rows instead of down a column access doesn't know how to import it. That's my question. How do I convert an excel spreadsheet that lists each record and each field one after another in a column instead of across in rows.