Post Unanswered: Problems with merge replication

Hi, i have configured a merge replication with pull subscription. It was fine configured and it funtion fine for about two weeks. Today i get the error: "The rpc server is not available" on the subscriber. I restart the sqlserveragent on the subscriber and then it reports this errors:

[125] Subsystem 'LogReader' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

[125] Subsystem 'QueueReader' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

[125] Subsystem 'Merge' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

[125] Subsystem 'Distribution' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

[125] Subsystem 'Snapshot' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

And the pull subscription job was suspendend. The two servers that are involved don´t use the same services account, so i change it to use the same on the publisher/distributor and the subscriber, but it still repots the same errors.

What do you thinks could be happening??

Thanks.

Question Re: Problems with merge replication

Try this...

Is the RPC service started on the machine you are having problems with???

Generally this problem occurs because a disk failure, power failure, or other computer difficulty.

You may need to re-start the machine...

Hope this helps!!!

Re: Problems with merge replication

Also, forgot to mention - have you applied a service pack recently???

If so, it may be wise to re-apply the service pack because of the dll errors you are receiving!!!

Originally posted by Marisa
    Hi, i have configured a merge replication with pull subscription. It was fine configured and it funtion fine for about two weeks. Today i get the error: "The rpc server is not available" on the subscriber. I restart the sqlserveragent on the subscriber and then it reports this errors:

[125] Subsystem 'LogReader' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

Make sure you still have an entry in remote servers for your server and make sure that RPC is checked.

[125] Subsystem 'QueueReader' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

[125] Subsystem 'Merge' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

[125] Subsystem 'Distribution' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

[125] Subsystem 'Snapshot' could not be loaded (reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed)

And the pull subscription job was suspendend. The two servers that are involved don´t use the same services account, so i change it to use the same on the publisher/distributor and the subscriber, but it still repots the same errors.

What do you thinks could be happening??

Thanks.

make sure that in your remote servers entry the server is added and make sure that you have RPC checked off