Unanswered: Paradox 9 - table's read-only property

I have a simple two-table form I am trying to create: Table A is linked to Table B by an ID # - which auto increments in Table A and is Field Type I (integer) in Table B. I enter info into table A. I then want to enter infor into table B. The form won't let me: it says Table B is "read-only". I understand that this is the default property of the child table. (Why is paradox designed like this?). So I go to the table's property's. But some how I can not cange Table B's read-only status. I have tried both clicking on Table B in the design mode of the form, choose Explore Object, and then try to change the read-only property to false. It will not accept the change. It keeps saying the property is true. So I tried going into the Data MOdel and right-clicking on the table - the read-only status is NOT checked. I save the change. But I still cannot get the table to become one which I can edit. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Go back to data-model

You are correct that the default proberty of child tables when created using the data modelling (Visual database design) is Read Only.

You have to go into data-model through the Form design by first clicking on define table and then clicking on the datamodel icon in the upper left hand corner. Once in that view you should be able to change the read-only property for the form and have it stick. You have to remember to save both the datamodel and the form before exiting.

Do you have any passwords authorized for the table which could be limiting the accessibility and run time?

Thanks for the reply. I was able to figure it out and it is working fine.