Unanswered: drop tablespace including contents!!!!

Hi,
    I created an instance Oracle with more tablespace.
    I have a tablespace "art" with four users (CREATE USER john IDENTIFIED BY john DEFAULT TABLESPACE "art" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP)
    owner is user TOM.
    Now I must drop the tablespace "art" and import again the dmp.
    I tried without drop the users but I get error and when I connect with a user of "art" I get ORA-00942.

DROP TABLESPACE "art" including contents;
    CREATE TABLESPACE "art" DATAFILE 'c:\art\art01.dbf' SIZE 300M REUSE DEFAULT STORAGE
    (INITIAL 10240 NEXT 10240 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 256 PCTINCREASE 0) ONLINE;

imp system/manager@mydb frouser=sam touser=TOM file=c:\art.dmp log=c:\art.log

Must I drop also the users (TOM, john......)?????

Thanks
    Raf

Hi Raf,

I am not fully understanding, you said you tried to connect as user Art when Art is a tablespace name ?

Are you simply trying to drop the tablespace Art that is the default tablespace for John etc. ?

If so:

SQL> drop user john cascade;

etc for each user that has objects in the Art tablespace.

then:

SQL> drop tablespace Art;

Then you should be able to create as before and make it the default tablespace for your users.

Hope it helps,
    Breen.

Sorry,

Then do the import.

Rgs,
    Breen.

ok.....but (for users john.....) I create synonym to see TOM's table
    I don't want drop users john........
    if I don't drop synonym, John view the table of Tom after import???

Thanks
    Raf

Hi Raf,

I see what you mean and I think the synonyms will be valid after the import as the import grants the select on Tom's table to John and the synonym should be validated as soon as the grants are given.

Rgs,
    Breen.

ok..thank....Breen

now I have this problem:
    when I write: imp system/manager@mydb frouser=sam touser=TOM file=c:\art.dmp log=c:\art.log

I get this errors:
    CREATE SEQUENCE "AFM_ACTIVITY_LOG_S" MINVALUE 1 MAXVALUE 999999999999999999"
    "999999999 INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 CACHE 20 ORDER NOCYCLE"
    IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:
    . . importing table "AM" 0 rows imported
    . . importing table "AMP" 0 rows imported
    . . importing table "ACTIVITY" 0 rows imported
    . . importing table "ABC" 0 rows imported
    . . importing table "ADV 0 rows imported
    . . importing table "ATS" 96 rows imported

CREATE FORCE VIEW "AFM_ARSTUD"."GPC" ("GP_ID","FL_ID","
    ""BL_ID","SITE_ID","FLCOMGP","BLCOMGP","STCOMGP"," FLCOMSRV","BLCOMSRV","STCO"
    "MSRV") AS "
    "SELECT gp.gp_id AS gp_id, fl.fl_id AS fl_id, bl.bl_id AS bl_id, site.site_i"
    "d AS site_id, ( gp.area * fl.area_fl_comn_gp / DECODE(fl.area_gp_dp,0,99999"
    "99999,fl.area_gp_dp)) AS flcomgp, ( gp.area * bl.area_bl_comn_gp / DECODE(b"
    "l.area_gp_dp,0,9999999999,bl.area_gp_dp)) AS blcomgp, NVL( ( gp.area * site"
    ".area_st_comn_gp / DECODE(site.area_gp_dp,0,9999999999,site.area_gp_d p)),0)"
    " AS stcomgp, ( gp.area * fl.area_fl_comn_serv / DECODE(fl.area_gp_dp,0,9999"
    "999999,fl.area_gp_dp)) AS flcomsrv, ( gp.area * bl.area_bl_comn_serv / DECO"
    "DE(bl.area_gp_dp,0,9999999999,bl.area_gp_dp)) AS blcomsrv, NVL( ( gp.area *"
    " site.area_st_comn_serv / DECODE(site.area_gp_dp,0,9999999999,site.area_gp_"
    "dp)),0) AS stcomsrv FROM gp, fl, bl, site WHERE gp.dp_id IS NOT NULL AND gp"
    ".fl_id = fl.fl_id AND gp.bl_id = bl.bl_id AND fl.bl_id = bl.bl_id AND site."
    "site_id (+) = bl.site_id"
    IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:
    CREATE TRIGGER "AD"."WOAUTONUMBER" BEFORE INSERT ON "AFM"."WO" REFE"
    "RENCING OLD AS OLD NEW AS NEW_RECORD FOR EACH ROW "
    .................................................. .................................................. ...IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:

These error are important? and how can I avoide it?

Raf

Hi Raf,

You are trying to import objects from Sam to Tom. It would appear that some / all of the objects you are trying to import into Tom already exist.

If you are going to populate Tom's schema exclusively from this import then you should:

SQL> drop user Tom cascade;

SQL> create user tom .....

Then do your import.

Should be fine now.

If you don't want to drop all of Tom's objects then you will have to drop only those objects that will be imported from Sam.

Rgs,
    Breen.