Unanswered: SQL 2000 Replication error "SOS"

Hi Guys,
    I have two problems trying to Sync all the users. Basically it's Network error.
    1St one.
    "The agent is suspect. No response within the last 10 minutes. "
    Well the fix I am using is to increase the Inactive Threshold value in the Refresh rate and Setting of Replication monitor. This will be tried in the morning.

Is this fix going to solve the above problem.

2nd one.
    “The process could not change generation history at the 'Publisher'. (Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147200995). General Network Error’.
    The last command to be sent to the server was ‘{call sp_MSupdategenhistory (?,?,?,?) }{call sp_MSupdategenhistory (?,?,?,?) }{call sp_MSupdategenhistory (?,?,?,?) }{call sp_MSupdategenhistory (?,?,?,?) }{call sp_MSupdategenhistory (?,?,?,?) }{call sp_MSupdategenhistory (?,?,?,?) }{call sp_MSupdategenhi’

This is the one I need immediate help as I am not very sure if it's going to work if we change the merge agent properties. If that is what has to be changed for this, could some one suggest what the changes should be.

Need Urgent help SOS.

Thanks,
    Sree

Increasing the Inactive Threshold will help if your agent is busy doing an operation that takes longer than that time (ie.downloading an FTP snapshot), so does not report back in time before it is marked inactive.

The error (2) you are having is caused by network communication problems, so shouldnt be affected by replciation properties, just check out the com between your servers...
    des