Unanswered: ORA 00600, help needed

Hi there,
    Can anyone help me with solving this problem. I have the appropriate Oracle 9i JDBC Drivers. When I try to connect to an existing database, the system hangs for sometime and I get this error:

java.sql.SQLSERVER: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [] [] [] [java]

Please do let me know how I can solve this.

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1

Re: ORA 00600, help needed

Originally posted by Anya
    Hi there,
    Can anyone help me with solving this problem. I have the appropriate Oracle 9i JDBC Drivers. When I try to connect to an existing database, the system hangs for sometime and I get this error:

java.sql.SQLSERVER: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [] [] [] [java]

Please do let me know how I can solve this.

Thanks a ton in advance!!!
    Which OS & version?
    Which Oracle version?
    Unknown client & unknown server?
    Can you explain why the error message contains
    "SQLSERVER" string?

The OS is Linux ReadHat -7.2
    Oracle version is 9i
    I'm basically trying to create an application on an existing Oracle9i database but without any positive results. One other thing, I can create applications with Oracle 8 (appropriate JDBC Drivers) but fails with Oracle 9i.

Thanks

To add on to my earlier post, I'm creating an application using a third party component which creates web based applications. This third party component talks to the database on Oracle 8i but it doesnot work with Oracle 9i and hence the SQL SERVER error.

Thanks

Anya

I have had ora-600 errors when using 8i JDBC drivers to talk to a 9i database. Once we removed all the 8i drivers from our app (not straightforward as it was in a number of places) and installed the 9i drivers the problem went away. If you still get the error do a search on metalink.

Alan

Alan, Thanks a lot. It really solved my problem. It works fine now.

Anya