Unanswered: How to add a new field to table and dynamially display on a form created with that fo

Hi! I have a table called Checklist,and I build a form using that table, which is used for checking each item while repairing a computer whether the system part is checked or not. This list may be different for different companies.I want to design a form so that they can add new items or delete current items to the table and those changes must reflect in the form dynamically.The user(who is using the database for a company) must able to do this without having access to data base.

Thanks For help!
    Vad
    Vad

This is very difficult if I understand it correctly. Dynamically creating a variable number checkboxes onto a form. You could have more checkboxes than you will ever have system parts, line them up in the form the way you want, have them hidden, then depending on what system parts you need, make them visible and change their label. This may work if the checkboxes are unbound, if you want them bound, it goes to extremely difficult, IMHO.

You may be better off having a companyID as a foreign key into a SystemParts table, then creating a Simple-MultiSelect listbox of these system parts dependent on the company ID. This way, the listbox will only contain the system parts of interest, and you don't need to allocate objects that you know you won't always use.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

How to add a new field to table and dynamially display on a form created with that fo

Thanks For ur reply. But the problem here is I am creating this data base for companies like ours can use this software. The other company may have different checklist than this.So that they can add a different list they want.

Here I am giving example:
    Checkboxes Item Description

[check box] Check the Modem

[check box] Check The Anti Virus Installed

Like this there may 10 or 15 list of these.

My problem here is I need to create table with Check list name, Item Description, Notes.
    The company user who ever is using this data base can able add the additional checklist items ie, Itemdescription. And it must able to display those items dynamically on the form.

You are saying it is highly difficult but my boss is asking me to do this.

You told me to keep companyID as a foreign key in checklist table. Before selling we don,t have any idea about the who is going to use this, and what check list they are going to use.

Need Any more Informatio don't hesitate to ask me.

Vad
    Vad

Darn bosses getting in the way of productivity.

If it's checkboxes that you're after, you'll want to set up a recordset that reads in the table where the control names are stored, iterate through that, use the CreateControl method (you can find it in the on-line help of VBA) to create and bind your checkboxes. Unless you have a compelling need to use a pre-built form, you should probably use CreateForm as well.

You'll probably need to experiment with this to get the spacing they way you want it.

HTH
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

How to add a new field to table and dynamially display on a form created with that fo

Hi! Thank U very Much I will try with this
    Vad