Thread: prizesurfer.exe

prizesurfer.exe

who knows anything about prizesurfer.exe and how to delete it?

Exclamation

I have no idea what it is but if u go to start find files and folders then type in prizesurfer.exe see what u find then delete it and u shall have luck if u have no luck msg me back

prizesurfer.exe

I found out that it's software that "automatically" signs you up for free prizes based on sites that you visit or directs you to them or some such. You pick it up by visiting the PrizeSurfer.Com webpage. Two problems: It downloads whether you prompt it or not, and you can't delete it either from the Windows Explorer page OR from the START/FIND-FILES-FOLDERS.

The same with rcsync.exe, which I didn't care to try to find out what it did. Both showed up in a folder called RCPrograms (actually, the prizesurfer.exe was in a subfolder named 'v2' with something called ea.bin which had been created at the same time. I was denied access to prizesurfer.exe when I attempted to delete it, and the system wouldn't let me delete rcsync because Windows was using it. So I figured the trick would be to STOP Windows from using it.

So I rebooted my system, and as soon as the icon screen came up, but before they started appearing in the lower-right corner, I hit CONT/ALT/DEL, clicked End Task on Explorer, and waited for the system to stabilize (I might have had to do it twice). Result, nothing was loaded. I was then able to delete the PCPrograms folder with all its contents through the START/FIND function.

Originally posted by Russ_Binne
    I have no idea what it is but if u go to start find files and folders then type in prizesurfer.exe see what u find then delete it and u shall have luck if u have no luck msg me back

Good to hear

Good to hear that you got the problem fixed..