Angry Unanswered: Please Help, can't install DB2 8.1 on AIX

Hi All,
    i am having serious problems installing DB2 Server Enterprise Edition AIX. after installation on the status report after installation is complete i get failure for the following: Creating DB2 Databases and creating DB2 tools catalog!
    any help will be very much appreciated...

You did not menition the AIX releases you are using. Was this DB2 base 8.1 or where there any fixpaks?

Then please provide exact error messages you are getting and exactly where they occur.
    Last edited by Marcus_A; 09-11-03 at 07:25.

Originally posted by Marcus_A
    You did not menition the AIX releases you are using. Was this DB2 base 8.1 or where there any fixpaks?

Then please provide exact error messages you are getting and exactly where they occur.
    Hi, I am using OS level 5.2.0 with 1024 RAM, i haven't installed the FPack for DB2 yet as i thought to resolve the Errors I'm getting first.
    thanks a lot for replying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error image.bmp  

I would install the latest fixpak and then create the Tools Database afterward. There have been problems reported creating the Tools Database during installaiton.

I am not sure what error is occuring during "Creating DB2 Databases" unless it is for the Tools Database, since no other databases are created during installation.
    Last edited by Marcus_A; 09-11-03 at 08:17.

still getting the same error messages! i was just wondering if there are any pre- installation requirments for it on AIX?
    really Stuck, thanks for all the help

See if you can create the sample database, or create a new database. The Tools Database is optional.