Thumbs down Unanswered: gcc stored procedure compilation

Hi,

Using DB2 7.1.
    Had to get the free gcc compiler to get stored procedures to compile.
    (which was bit of a nightmare to get installed and working!)
    Come on IBM - people do use SQL stored procedures a lot!!!!
    However, there is a constant issue that we can work around but which is very annoying.

When builiding stored procedures, if you try to compile a procedure with a parameter count different to the last procedure you compiled then you get an error - you have to go and manually change the value of the
    pgsjmp@ parameter which is set in the standard.def file in the sqllib
    directory.
    e.g pgsjmp@4 for no parameters
    pgsjmp@16 for 2 parameters etc.

Output is in the attached txt file of the errof -(refers to visual studio but we are using gcc).
    Anyone have this problem or know how to get around it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: gcc stored procedure compilation

I used the article below as a starting point (i modified def file, probably there is a better solution):
    http://www7b.software.ibm.com/dmdd/l...306haungs.html

The following procedure worked for me:
    1. Make sure your cygwin installation has both gcc,dllwrap and sed, if not – install
    2. Create db2gcc.bat and set DB2PATH variable inside. db2gcc.bat should have the following content

setlocal
    @REM Set the DB2PATH variable to your DB2 base path, e.g., c:\ibm\sqllib
    set DB2PATH=c:\sqllib
    gcc -c -g -mno-cygwin -I%DB2PATH%\include %1.c -o %1.o
    sed -e s/\_// %1.def > %1_m.def
    dllwrap -mno-cygwin -target i386-mingw32 -o %1.dll %1.o %DB2PATH%\lib\db2api.lib --def %1_m.def
    rm %1_m.def

3. Set db2 registry variable

db2set DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILER_PATH=
    db2set DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILE_COMMAND=”c:\cygwin\bin\db2g cc.bat SQLROUTINE_FILENAME”

regards,
    dmitri

Mentioned above procedure is for windows, on AIX 5.2 it's much simpler. I do not know anything about other OS.

db2set DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILE_COMMAND="gcc -g -I/home/test32/sqllib/include SQLROUTINE_FILENAME.c -o SQLROUTINE_FILENAME -L/home/test32/sqllib/lib -ldb2 -shared"

Originally posted by chuzhoi
    Mentioned above procedure is for windows, on AIX 5.2 it's much simpler. I do not know anything about other OS.

db2set DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILE_COMMAND="gcc -g -I/home/test32/sqllib/include SQLROUTINE_FILENAME.c -o SQLROUTINE_FILENAME -L/home/test32/sqllib/lib -ldb2 -shared"
    Hi Chuzhoi,

When I used the above gcc setup to compile the SQL procedure in AIX 5.1, I got the following error:

-- COMPILATION COMMAND:

gcc -I/home/db2/sqllib/include P8224396.c -shared -o P8224396 -L/home/db2/sqllib/lib -ldb2

-- CONTENTS OF /home/db2/sqllib/function/routine/sqlproc/SGAIX/DB2/tmp/P8224396.exp

pgsjmp

-- COMPILATION MESSAGES FOR /home/db2/sqllib/function/routine/sqlproc/SGAIX/DB2/tmp/P8224396.c
    P8224396.sqc: In function `pgsjmp':
    P8224396.sqc:621: storage size of `sql_setdlist' isn't known
    P8224396.sqc:677: storage size of `sql_setdlist' isn't known

Any idea what is wrong?

Originally posted by chuzhoi

Hi Chuzhoi,

When I used the above gcc setup to compile the SQL procedure in AIX 5.1, I got the following error:

-- COMPILATION COMMAND:

gcc -I/home/db2/sqllib/include P8224396.c -shared -o P8224396 -L/home/db2/sqllib/lib -ldb2

-- CONTENTS OF /home/db2/sqllib/function/routine/sqlproc/SGAIX/DB2/tmp/P8224396.exp

pgsjmp

-- COMPILATION MESSAGES FOR /home/db2/sqllib/function/routine/sqlproc/SGAIX/DB2/tmp/P8224396.c
    P8224396.sqc: In function `pgsjmp':
    P8224396.sqc:621: storage size of `sql_setdlist' isn't known
    P8224396.sqc:677: storage size of `sql_setdlist' isn't known

Any idea what is wrong?

Hi ,

I think you command should be as follows

db2set DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILE_COMMAND="gcc -g -I/home/<INSTANCE_NAME>/sqllib/include SQLROUTINE_FILENAME.c -G -o SQLROUTINE_FILENAME -L/home/rtv1inst/sqllib/lib -R/home/<INSTANCE_NAME>/sqllib/lib -ldb2

you have missed the follwoing in your command

-R/home/<INSTANCE_NAME>/sqllib/lib -ldb2

thanks
    Lahiru.

See if this presentation helps

http://www.gseukdb2.org.uk/downloads/0403hiddengems.zip

Cheers
    sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.