Thread: OMS Login

Question Unanswered: OMS Login

I have looked to see if there are any postings on this one, but what I found was either not quite pertinent to my situation or a bit vague to me.

I am very new to Oracle and have installed 9i on Win2K and WinXP OS machines.

On both, I have experienced the same querky behavior. When I log in to the OMS (yes, the credentials are correct), the dialog goes away and the console does not come up. I have to repeat the process again to get the console panel up. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

jpen

This happens to me on occassion, maybe 1 out of 5 times. I'm not sure why - I just deal with it.

Thanks. Hopefully someone will read this and help us out.

jpen

did you use the dbca? to build the database depository?

Not exclusively. After completing the instalation of the instance, the OMS is unavailable. It does not show up in the Services Panel. I had to go to the "Next Install" (button on the Uiversal Installer screen), select "Custom" and then find the Oracle Management Server in the "Installed Products List". When I check it, the status changes from "installed" to "reinstall". I then select "Install".

During this install the wizard then asks if this will use an existing or new repository. I check "new" and then it goes through its process of creating the OEMREP database. Even though it appears the OMS was installed the first time, it never goes through the repository set up on the initial install.

The disappearing login is is not a persistent problem, but as previously mentioned, it happens about 1 out of 5 attempts to acess the OMS. Another thing I believe to be true is that it has never done that on the FIRST access after booting the machine. It is successive launcehes that do.

After reading other threads about another issue (added dtatbases not showing up in the OMS tree), i reistalled everything as a LOCAL Administrator on the machine. I have not had this reoccur since, but time will tell. I hope I have not confused the situation even more with this long disortation. Thanks for your interist in helping.

jpen