Thread: plsql tables???

Unanswered: plsql tables???

In sybase you can create temporary tables in stored procedures. You simply use the # symbol before your table name when defining it and then you can drop it at the end of your procedure. I was wondering since I am in the middle of a DB Migration from Sybase ASE 11.5 to Oracle 9i(rel 2).....is there anything similar in Oracle like a PLSQL table that can be created and droped at the end of the procedure???

I don't want to use Native dynamic SQL to create and drop tables because I heard its not a very smart practice to create and drop tables in stored procedures.......so I basically want to create it within the context of the proc and drop it at the end of the proc.

Thanks.

'Wale

Use global temporary tables (see create table in your sql reference). You wont have to create and drop them as they can be configured to only show data from your own session or transaction. They are also very fast.

Alan

Originally posted by AlanP
    Use global temporary tables (see create table in your sql reference). You wont have to create and drop them as they can be configured to only show data from your own session or transaction. They are also very fast.

Alan
    you're a God Send. Thanks a lot!