Unanswered: Importing data in DB2

Hello, really I do not have experience using DB2, but I want to know if exists any kind of feature as Data Transformation Services (DTS packages) or BCP (both in SQL Server) in DB2 to import/export data. I need to import data from different sources in a DB2 database.

Besides, could you please give me any idea where can I find information regarding this topic?

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,

Jose G. Bastidas
    Siebel and Microsoft CRM Certified Consultant
    jgbastidas@hotmail.com
    Cell Phone (954) 646-1137

Re: Importing data in DB2

I do not understand what DTS or BCP is all about ..

Well, anyway , you can find details of IMPORT/EXPORT commands in Data Movement Guide and Reference .. check the 'Useful DB2 Stuff' for the link to the DB2 Library page

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by jgbastidas
    Hello, really I do not have experience using DB2, but I want to know if exists any kind of feature as Data Transformation Services (DTS packages) or BCP (both in SQL Server) in DB2 to import/export data. I need to import data from different sources in a DB2 database.

Besides, could you please give me any idea where can I find information regarding this topic?

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,

Jose G. Bastidas
    Siebel and Microsoft CRM Certified Consultant
    jgbastidas@hotmail.com
    Cell Phone (954) 646-1137
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Sathyaram,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please send me the link to that documentation?

Thanks,

Jose

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I do not understand what DTS or BCP is all about ..

Well, anyway , you can find details of IMPORT/EXPORT commands in Data Movement Guide and Reference .. check the 'Useful DB2 Stuff' for the link to the DB2 Library page

HTH

Sathyaram

As in my previous reply, there is a link to the DB2 Manuals page in the 'Useful DB2 Stuff' at the top of this forum

HTH
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I am not sure what you are looking for, but you might also want to look at DB2 Warehouse Manager and Federated Database support within DB2.

Control Center

Have you ever used the IBM DB2 UDB tool called Control Center? It offers an easy to use wizard for performing import, export and load similar to Enterprise Manager on SQL Server. Quest Central for DB2 also offers similar tools. You can even see the equivalent DB2 command after you create the script via the GUI. Works great!