Thread: edit packages

Wink Unanswered: edit packages

Hey DBA. I got one for ya.
    I use Oracle 9i enterprise manager to interface with a oracle 8.1.7 database. At loggin to EM I get a list of invalid packages. After going through the process of package veryfication I get the standard & dbms_standard packages are invalid. As you know, urlrp.sql(UTiLity script Recompile invalid Pl/sql modules) script cannot be run until both these packages are valid. Is there a way to trackdown the errors in the standard packages and edit them? Are there any issues that arise from the different versions.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1

Re: edit packages

Originally posted by garrydawkins
    Hey DBA. I got one for ya.
    I use Oracle 9i enterprise manager to interface with a oracle 8.1.7 database. At loggin to EM I get a list of invalid packages. After going through the process of package veryfication I get the standard & dbms_standard packages are invalid. As you know, urlrp.sql(UTiLity script Recompile invalid Pl/sql modules) script cannot be run until both these packages are valid. Is there a way to trackdown the errors in the standard packages and edit them? Are there any issues that arise from the different versions.
    If you insist on using GUI tools, then you have to live with their limitations.
    You could easily do what needs to be done via SQL*Plus.
    Compile each package one at a time & then
    SQL> SHOW ERROR