Post Unanswered: Operation must use an updateable query

tried in the access forum and while I have some useful pointers from it I still have a problem i could use some advice on

im no code expert and am a using dreamweaver MX and Access 2002, I can read database, but no write/update, error code is

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.

Have read some of the previously posted suggestions and Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 175168, but still no luck

do you know if this is a regular problem, ive tried making sure IUSER_Machine has all permissions in access,

made sure IIS web folder permits scripts, allows anaonymous access to IUSER_machine and allows IIS to control password authentication

put dbase in seperate folder off c: on its own and im assuming it does not need to be located in a shared folder

like I say any advice offerd gratefully recieved

This isn't a problem with IIS, it's actually working as designed. The default recordset uses a "Static" cursor. This means that you can browse the results, but you cannot change anything. Instead of using the default "Cursor Type" (Static), you need to open the recordset with the cursor "KeySet" or "Dynamic".

I personally have avoided using DWMX... so I can't really tell you how to do that, but if you're willing to get your hands into the code, I'm sure it would be relatively easy to correct.

In the meantime.. check out this post.. the issue is the same, and I explain how to open a recordset with a KeySet cursor:
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

There appears to be a lot of issues with recent patches from MS changing permissions and such causing a lot of grief.

FYI You do not need/want to put the DB in a shared dir;

Are you testing/deploying on a machine you can put your hands on or are you using a host???