Unanswered: Truncate of LONG datatype on query

Hi all,
    I'm working in LabVIEW and using some open source drivers ( that utilize Microsoft ADO to access an ORACLE db.

Things were working great until I realized that my queries were truncating strings that were too large in a given element. The datatype is set to LONG on the ORACLE server.

I've searched around a bit and found a few other references about this happening to people but have found no working solutions. I tried upgrading the MDAC to the latest revision, 2.8, as well as the ORACLE ODBC driver to

Most commonly the solutions included a reference to the switch titled "Force Retrieval of Longs" in the ORACLE ODBC driver, stating that turning this switch on would correct the problem. In fact I had to enable that switch to read back the smallest of my data and now some are exceeding an apparent limit of ~100k (97.6K to be exact) as they are all truncated to that size.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Re: Truncate of LONG datatype on query

Note that you have to set lock BATCH_OPTIMISTIC in case of using oracle provider.

If you are using Oracle provider and not Microsoft provider , then a READ_ONLY lock will cause this error

Solved the problem. I tried logging in under a different username and was able to retrieve all the data. There are multiple sets of the same tables and apparently the server-side scripting was incorrectly populating some of the tables and setting the LONG size limit to 100k.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway rajmur