Unanswered: Messy upgrade from 8i to 9i

What a mess! Our IT department just upgraded my Oracle install from 8i to 9i, and now I have services from both versions running (as well as shortcuts from both in my Start menu (Win2K server), 850 megs of files in my Ora81 directory, and 1.52 gigs in the new Ora92 directory. (This isn't counting my database, which is in Oradata.)

Should I ask them to wipe Oracle and give me a clean install? I'm still a beginner at Oracle and I'm bound to get confused about what files/services apply to which version. I never imagined the upgrade would leave BOTH around. (My database itself is just a test and not important at this stage.)

Also, how do I upgrade my repository? I can't log in to Oracle Management Server because I get this:

"The management server version 2.2.0.0.0 is incompatible with this client 9.2.0.1.0 Production."
    -Keith

When I do migrations, I always back up the employees data. Contact them quickly, as they might not keep backups for long. Lets hope they did back it up!

The data's not the problem...I have it backed up myself, and even if I lose it it's just a couple of easily replacable tables. No, I'm just concerned with the fact that this "upgrade" looks more like I have 2 separate Oracle installs now (though the database itself was indeed converted to 9i). And I can't use the Management Server with the 9i tools.
    -Keith

Hi Keith,
    You probably have the 2 versions of software on your box. If you type sqlplus are you getting the 9i or 8i version?
    If you are getting the 8i version then your path is still pointing to the 8i software.
    Not sure on windows but I assume you point your PATH to the 9i Home Directory and everything should be fine.
    When you are satisfied you can remove the old software.
    Are you sure the database itself was upgraded to 9i?
    Rgs,
    Breen.