Unanswered: Not Associated with a Trusted Sql Server connection

Hi,

I've installed MSDE SP3 on a new machine. I can login through Windows authentication, and I can even change the 'sa' password. But when I try to login as 'sa' from the local machine, my login is rejected. Apparently, the server is expecting me to come from a "trusted connection" when I use Sql Server security.

I assume this is a new security measure to cover recent worries with Slammer and such. But what is the solution ? How do I set up such a trusted connection ?

Andrew

It's not a new approch, your SQLServer was installed with Windows authentification not with Mixed mode authentification, so you sa login (which is a Sql login, not a Windows one) is not accepted. If you want to use the sa login you must switch to Mixed mode authentification.

ionut

It's not a new approch, your SQLServer was installed with Windows authentification not with Mixed mode authentification, so you sa login (which is a Sql login, not a Windows one) is not accepted. If you want to use the sa login you must switch to Mixed mode authentification.

ionut

It worked ! I usually install with mixed authentication, but I probably forgot this time. I've switched and 'sa' now works.

Thanks for the good advice and Multzumesc ...

You're welcome.

ionut