Thread: Visual FoxPro

Unanswered: Visual FoxPro

Hi!

Does anyone know where to find an article that compares Visual FoxPro with another xBase product? I want to know the pros and cons of the software and figure out why it's better than some other xBase product...

Re: Visual FoxPro

I would go to a good library and look at some old "data base type" magazines.. Fox Pro has the Rushmore tecnology for Indexing that really set it apart starting back w/ version 2.5. It also has a long life and works well even in todays computers. This is not always the case I would expect w/ Clipper, Dbase etc, but I have never used those so I am not one to overly compare.

I have used Fox (based) programs since FoxPlus and do recommend them.
    good luck.
    LA

Originally posted by Alias
    Hi!

Does anyone know where to find an article that compares Visual FoxPro with another xBase product? I want to know the pros and cons of the software and figure out why it's better than some other xBase product...

Re: Visual FoxPro

Are there any other xBase products? ... just kidding.

A little prejudice here, but the one thing that The Fox has it over the others is a very 'friendly' user community. They're all over the world which means that anytime day or night you can probably catch one on line. One of my favorites is at www.leafe.com. They'll even answer all your questions, and some of them won't be as biased as I am. :-)

Originally posted by Alias
    Hi!

Smile

Thank you for your advise!

It's a shame that our libraries (here in the North) just don't provide enough information, but I'm still working on my research persistently.