Arrow Unanswered: DB2 to Teradata Conversion

My company has decided to convert our data warehouse from DB2 to Teradata.

Can you point me to a reference (article, link,...) that identifies that necessary steps to make the conversion.

I am looking for a "Cheat Sheet" -- something that will enable me to get started quickly.

I would like the article to identify recommended benchmarks, obvious pitfalls, and suggested approaches.

Thanks for your help.

Re: DB2 to Teradata Conversion

A better place to look for info is on the teradata website and/or teradata newsgroups

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mruback

Can you point me to a reference (article, link,...) that identifies that necessary steps to make the conversion.

I am looking for a "Cheat Sheet" -- something that will enable me to get started quickly.

I would like the article to identify recommended benchmarks, obvious pitfalls, and suggested approaches.

Thanks for your help.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

You don't need a Cheat Sheet, you need a prayer book (just kidding).

It depends how much you know (and really understand) about parallel databases. (Were you using DB2 partitioned databases?) The database design and partitioning scheme is extremely important. I would suggest you take a design class offered by NCR/Teradata.

Re: DB2 to Teradata Conversion

Originally posted by mruback

Thanks for your help.
    Hi

I am Nanaiah from Mumbai ,India
    presently I am also working with Data warehouse ie DB2 as source system
    and teradata as OLAP (For Centurion Bank)
    Can you give me your email ID so that I can help you
    my email Id nanaiaha@yahoo.com

regards
    Nanaiah