Red face Unanswered: Check data - OS/390 V7

Hi,

I been struggling with this utility one table for a long time and here is what I get in SYSPRINT:

RESOURCE UNAVAILABLE
    REASON 00D70014
    TYPE 00000200

This message is basically related to the exception tablespace but when I check, the tablespace is online. At the end of the SYSPRINT there is one line which says:

UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E4070A'

I recreated exception tables to make sure they have the proper definition, increased the size of the tablespace (PRIQTY), allocated more space SYSUT1 etc. but no success. Anyone out there has any idea what is the problem.

Thanks in advance.

dollar

I have found that using the PDF version of the manuals with the version of Acrobat that allows text searches (it's free), is the only way to go.

Here is the explanation for Reason Code 00D70014 in the Messages and Codes manual.

Explanation: An attempt to extend a data set failed,because a problem was detected in media manager services.

This reason code is issued by the following CSECT: DSNPXTN0

System Action: Abort the request.

User Response: Notify the operator, system programmer, or database administrator.

Operator Response: Notify the system programmer or database administrator.

System Programmer Response: Notify the database administrator if appropriate. Otherwise, check the packs available to the data set. They may merely be full or the data set may have reached its maximum allowable extents. For additional information, see the description of message DSNP001I.

Problem Determination: Obtain console sheet showing associated DSNP001I, DSNO007I, or DSNP011I messages and any related messages preceding them. This documentation will assist you in determining the cause of the problem. For additional information, see the description of these messages. Collect the following diagnostic items listed in Appendix B, “Problem determination” on page 1295: 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 12, 14, 32, 35.

Hi Marcus:

Thanks for the response, I have actually already looked into the PDF and make use of them as first resource. But there is enough space everywhere. I am not looking in right direction I guess.

dollar

Originally posted by Marcus_A
    I have found that using the PDF version of the manuals with the version of Acrobat that allows text searches (it's free), is the only way to go.

Here is the explanation for Reason Code 00D70014 in the Messages and Codes manual.

Explanation: An attempt to extend a data set failed,because a problem was detected in media manager services.

This reason code is issued by the following CSECT: DSNPXTN0

System Action: Abort the request.

User Response: Notify the operator, system programmer, or database administrator.

Operator Response: Notify the system programmer or database administrator.

System Programmer Response: Notify the database administrator if appropriate. Otherwise, check the packs available to the data set. They may merely be full or the data set may have reached its maximum allowable extents. For additional information, see the description of message DSNP001I.

Problem Determination: Obtain console sheet showing associated DSNP001I, DSNO007I, or DSNP011I messages and any related messages preceding them. This documentation will assist you in determining the cause of the problem. For additional information, see the description of these messages. Collect the following diagnostic items listed in Appendix B, “Problem determination” on page 1295: 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 12, 14, 32, 35.