Unanswered: minus points when purchasing product ????

Hey there,

I'm developing a bonus points club system for a client, and need to know how , after the user has logged in to check their points, how they can then buy products from the product database and have their bonus points minused in the bonuspoints database ...

Or is there a better way ?? - I'm hoping there is ...

oh, i'm using d/w mx and msaccess databases and SQL - got the login,registration e.t.c. working fine - just coming un-glued on how to do the above ..

cheers, Angie in Nuclear Free New Zealand.

Edited by - designguru on 15 Sep 2003 04:13:45

You need to make two updates from one page...

If I understand you correctly, I'm guessing that you have one Table that will store the purchase, and a second Table where you store the bonus points info. Therefore, you will need to update both tables at the same time.

This is a little tricky to do by hand, but here are the instructions:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/ul...ult_tables.htm

Read them carefully and take your time. Also, make sure you back up your pages before you try this. It will take a little time to master the technique described, but it's worth it. I've been doing this for a year now, and it's VERY reliable.

-------------------------

There is also a commercial product called the Firefly Data Connection Kit. It's not for sale right now, but you might be able to track it down. Here's some info about it:

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/...omponents.html

--------------------------------

By the way, I hope I'm on track here. If you just want to subtract some points from a table, just look up the simple VB Script math functions and work with them. They're very easy to use.