Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menu items

Unanswered: Menu items

Hi folks...

I use Access 2000. I have few forms in which I have few dropdown items. Now, in stead of that, I want to have menu items, like the way you see righ now on the top of your screen.. Like File, Edit, View, etc... (IE users). Now when you click on any of these, it gives you a list of options and when you click on any of these options, would execute the same. Can I have some thing like this, as my dropdown menu is for selecting a report from it.

Any help on this point , please...

Thanx

Sandeep

Re: Menu items

Originally posted by Sandeep Munshi
    Hi folks...

I use Access 2000. I have few forms in which I have few dropdown items. Now, in stead of that, I want to have menu items, like the way you see righ now on the top of your screen.. Like File, Edit, View, etc... (IE users). Now when you click on any of these, it gives you a list of options and when you click on any of these options, would execute the same. Can I have some thing like this, as my dropdown menu is for selecting a report from it.

Thanx

Sandeep
    IAM SURPRISED WHY I DIDN'T GET ANY RESPONSE!! MAY BE IT WAS NOT VERY CLEAR... ANYWAYS, I STILL NEED HELP ON THIS...

I don't think Access is able to create a menu bar for a form like Visual Basic does. Corrrect if I wrong someone!

Originally posted by lansing
    I don't think Access is able to create a menu bar for a form like Visual Basic does. Corrrect if I wrong someone!
    OK. In that case, which is the best / easiest way to use VB for my form? Like syntex of it...

Either create a switchboard or create command buttons for all of your form and organize it the way you want it. Access should have a WIZARD to help you with all of this.

Originally posted by Sandeep Munshi
    Hi folks...

Thanx

Sandeep
    This is possible . i will reply in detail in the evening bcoz i m busy right now.
    Pankaj Garg

Originally posted by pankajgarg
    This is possible . i will reply in detail in the evening bcoz i m busy right now.
    Hmm, I'm curious how it works. I'm interested in learning this as well.

Originally posted by pankajgarg
    PLEASE do that. Not only me, many others would be happy! DOn't forget to send it to me today (evenotherwise TGIF)... Looking forward to it (very eagerly)...

what's the question?

-adding a custom menu to an individual (non-maximized) access form: impossible i guess.

-replacing the access standard menu (i.e. the one up on the top of the "application", not the individual form) with your own custom menu (or a deicated custom menu for each form): this is no problem

also - if the form is maximised, there is essentially no difference between the two.

izy

Talking Re: Menu items

Originally posted by lansing
    Hmm, I'm curious how it works. I'm interested in learning this as well.
    Hmm... Mr.Pankaj... Now it's a chalange... come back soon and give us a solution... STILL WAITING.....

Originally posted by izyrider
    what's the question?

-adding a custom menu to an individual (non-maximized) access form: impossible i guess.

-replacing the access standard menu (i.e. the one up on the top of the "application", not the individual form) with your own custom menu (or a deicated custom menu for each form): this is no problem

also - if the form is maximised, there is essentially no difference between the two.

izy
    Well, there should be a property on the form where you can't maximize the form.

And something like this? (see attach file - is a .jpeg)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ex.jpg  

Yes exactly like this!!

Sandeep, i'm still confused.

way back on the first post you said:
    I want to have menu items, like the way you see righ now on the top of your screen.. Like File, Edit, View, etc... (IE users). Now when you click on any of these, it gives you a list of options and when you click on any of these options, would execute the same
    which is not at all the same as a bunch of buttons - the buttons are not going to drop-down options.

like i said before, it's no problem to do this at the top of the access window and it looks fine with maximised forms... it's just looks a little bit strange when the form is floating in the middle of the screen and it's menu is up the top.

are you trying to do menus or buttons?

izy

Just a Thought

I may be off track here...but I don't think so...I've attached a sample which I think is what you are looking for.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kybb1; 09-30-03 at 10:05.