Unanswered: Typed Text To Macth Index List

I want to do an operation that will allow my user interface search the list so that, as the text is entered in a textbox (Not the combo box which has a wizard) , the index list changes accordingly to match the typed text. (I am using VBA ACCESS) Any books other suggestions welcome.

Regards

Re: Typed Text To Macth Index List

Use the OnChange event to trigger your operation.
    use the LIKE operator to match the content of your textbox with your list and detemrine a listindex.
    If your listindex is valid, extent your textbox with the text found, and use the SelLength and SelStart properties to select the newly added text portion.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler! - A. Einstein
    DB Problems? DB Explorer, BTrieve Re-engineering, DB Conversions & ETL? Conversion Tool

Originally posted by DoktorBlue
    use the LIKE operator to match the content of your textbox with your list and detemrine a listindex.
    If your listindex is valid, extent your textbox with the text found, and use the SelLength and SelStart properties to select the newly added text portion.
    Thanks but relatively new to the topic can you provide the real VBA ACCESS code so that i substitute in my form.
    Encoutered problems below:
    OnChange i can see this on my property form
    LIKE Operator (New please assist)
    SelLength & SelStart (New please assist)

Originally posted by DoktorBlue
    Please how can i set up these properties and procedures, a simplified example i can look at perhaps!!
    Regards