DB modeling tool

Hi all:
    Can you suggest me some good data base modeling tool wich can be used for MYSQL as well as Oracle.

If it is not possible to have a common tool for oracle and mysql then please suggest for best tool availble for these RDBMS .

I had already used sybase power designer and looking for some more tools as good/better than that.

with best regards,
    -Ravi

Re: DB modeling tool

Ravi

Check out Database Design Studio at www.chillsource.com. It's very affordable and bundles a very useful SQL console. I like it particularly because it uses Chen ERD.

Regards

Philip

Originally posted by ravishankar
    Hi all:
    Can you suggest me some good data base modeling tool wich can be used for MYSQL as well as Oracle.

If it is not possible to have a common tool for oracle and mysql then please suggest for best tool availble for these RDBMS .

I had already used sybase power designer and looking for some more tools as good/better than that.

with best regards,
    -Ravi

Re: DB modeling tool

Sorry, Ravi - the correct address is www.chillisource.com.

Philip

Originally posted by ravishankar
    Hi all:

with best regards,
    -Ravi

Another tool - a good one

Try xCase - http://www.xcase.com

I know you already looked at PD but...

I'm a huge advocate of PowerDesigner by Sybase. Yes, it's a Sybase product but works unbelievably well with Oracle, SQL 2000, MySQL, DB2, etc...

You can customize just about everything in the tool. It has a very powerful ad-hoc reporting facility that is very useful. Oh yeah, it's the market leader for modeling tools. Give it a look it's a little expensive and looks hard to use if you don't know the product, but is the most flexible and customizable tool I've ever used. And it works there are very very few bugs.