Post Unanswered: oracle character set problem

hi

i was using WE8MSWIN125 character set for Oracle and windows-1256 charset for html page to display Arabic content.

now i want to change oracle character set to utf-8. what is the best way to do this.

but in Java Server Pages, with utf-8 character set for html and utf-8 character set for oracle, Arabic contents displays as junk letters

when character set of oracle is utf-8 and character set of html page generated by servlet is windows-1256, arabic content appears

can any one help me in this matter

saurabh jha

Re: oracle character set problem

Hi there,
    I dont know what is the BEST way, I can tell u something I did before for changing character set in Oracle

you need to edit your register file

NLS_LANG

if you are running windows, START->RUN->REGEDIT
    Search for NLS_LANG

You will find the setting in oracle directory, perhaps change that to the Arabic characterset.

Dont know if that helps...

gokou777

Originally posted by saurabh_jha
    hi

i was using WE8MSWIN125 character set for Oracle and windows-1256 charset for html page to display Arabic content.

now i want to change oracle character set to utf-8. what is the best way to do this.

but in Java Server Pages, with utf-8 character set for html and utf-8 character set for oracle, Arabic contents displays as junk letters

when character set of oracle is utf-8 and character set of html page generated by servlet is windows-1256, arabic content appears

can any one help me in this matter

saurabh jha