Angry Unanswered: Access 97 creating db and using table wiz gives invalid page fault

I am trying to create a DB in access97 with wizard and when selecting table wizard i get the following everytime. Please help!!! Thanks

MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module MSACCESS.EXE at 0177:300faf99.

Re: Access 97 creating db and using table wiz gives invalid page fault

If Access worked OK previously, it has nothing to do with Access, but you very probably have some important DLL file wrecked on your system. It can happen for many reasons, but very often the reason is new software.

Did you recently install any new software? It happens relatively often with shareware/freeware. Because of improperly made installation packages, this kind of software often installs its own versions of system DLLs without any warning. When you deinstall it, everythings looks like before, except some DLL's are left messed up and software that previously worked perfectly well suddenly doesn't work anymore. There is a name for it: "the DLL hell".

Unfortunately, in most cases the only cure is to reinstall Windows.

Unhappy

Thanks for the info and yes you are right the DLL from hell. It looks like a reload will probably happen. I don't want to burn anymore time on this. Thanks