Chicago, IL

Exclamation Unanswered: Can you convert Access db to a readable DOS file?

I've been searching the web trying to find some answers to my question with no luck. And thankfully found your site.

My problem is I am having problems getting an access db file to print on a old okidata printer, that has track paper feed with address labels. So we got the paper company to give us a dos based program to print a sample data base from them, but their sample db was a dos based db. I would like to know if there is any options or a solution at all for converting an access file so this dos base program can see the data file? I'm running access xp.

Thanks so much for any information,

Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Not that I know of, other programs are able to convert to .exe files which can be opened in dos.
    Have you tried the command prompt to start access? try typing:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE C:\db1.mdb
    (Assuming this is the path to access, and C:\db1.mdb is the location and name of your database.)

One thing Access can do is export tables or queries to a .txt (text) file. If there is one table or query that has the info you need the program may be able to read a text version. Do this by selecting the object you want to export then choose File, Export... and select .txt in the 'save as' box. Then just follow the prompts.

Don't know if that helps but good luck anyway