This is a very open ended question as I havnt seen the database yet but does anyone know of any performace issuse associated with converting from access 97 to 2000. Apparently it did run fine now its slow...
I have a few pointers and am wondering if there is any more:
1. The conversion process makes the database bigger and cant be reduced below this size by compact, instead I should try exporting all the object to a blank DB
2. Code should be rewriten to use ADO or objects explicity declared as DAO
3. Moving from Jet3.5(Access97) to Jet4.0(Access2000). This was done long ago, however service pack 4 is still in use and I believe that it has a problem with user-defined functions in queries?
4. Set UniCodeCompression on
5. decompile, repair, compact and repair and compile. This should correct any damaged indexes etc that are slowing down the DB
If anyone can add to this list or correct me where ive gone wrong it will be great help